Recently marimo-sanctuary has hit 100 followers, and to celebrate the mods and our followers have decided to have a giveaway! Please read everything below for more information!
Rules for the Giveaway-
- You must be following marimo-sanctuary! This giveaway is to celebrate our followers so you have to be a follower!
- You must be ok with giving us your address if you win. Your new marimo will never reach you if we don’t get your mailing address!
- You must reblog this post, likes count, too! 1 reblog= 1 entry, 1 likes= 1 entry, 1 reblog + 1 like = 2 entries.
Pretty simple rules, nothing too complicated. Now to what you’re really here for- the prizes!
- A glass jar for your new marimo! It’s the perfect size for it (I’ve checked) and the lid closes tightly for minimum water leaking or spillage.
- Golden aquarium rocks fit for a king marimo! These are perfect to put in the bottom of your jar/aquarium.
- 1 medium sized marimo from PetSmart! It just wouldn’t be a marimo blog giveaway without a marimo now would it? This little guy is in need of a home and I’m sure one of you is in need of a marimo!
There will be one winner for the giveaway.
The ending date for the giveaway will be July 31, 2014. That gives one month for the giveaway to circulate. If there’s not enough entries to the giveaway we may extend the date.
Don’t worry if you don’t win this giveaway! There’s sure to be another one in the future with how fast the blog is growing! That’s all!
I couldn’t resist after seeing the edit here http://theumbrellaboy.tumblr.com/post/91987639923/i-made-this-edit-in-a-fiery-passion-at-the-end-of
No one is more excited about Batgirl’s new costume than Kara.
“There’s a huge feeling of sadness here, people are in floods of tears in the corridors. These people were the best and the brightest, the ones who had dedicated their whole careers to fighting this terrible virus. It’s devastating.”
tragedy on top of tragedy
My [scattered] thoughts on Bong Joon-ho’s Snowpiercer. This was originally just a defence of the film’s ending—which I’ve seen widely criticised—because I think it’s brilliant and necessary and worth defending. But… then there’s everything else.
[major spoilers, of course]
Since 2001, there has been a…
- 38% decline in people newly infected with HIV
- 58% decline in children newly infected with HIV, mostly in African nations
- Nearly half of HIV-positive people know their status
- A vast majority—86%—of sub-Saharan Africans who know their status are receiving antiretroviral therapy, and 76% of those receiving treatment have achieved viral suppression
As a result, deaths from AIDS are down 35% from their peak in 2005. The past three years alone constitute 19% of that. If the momentum from the last five years continue into the next five years, the AIDS epidemic could be ended by 2030. (The Gap Report, UN)
that’s almost too cruel
I had to do this once with Privateer II: The Darkening. It gained a bit when he said “I bet you didn’t play it through, I bet somebody just told you how…” and I was able to smile gently and say “God, possibly, since I wrote the game.” And plainly the Deity was with me that day, as I happened to be carrying docs from my UK agent (who’d done the deal) that showed not only that I was the writer, but the five-figure sum I had been paid. …It was a happy day for me. Not so much for him. I’d never had a referent for the word “slink” for a full grown male before. As in “slink away in utter dejection.” I smiled for at least three days without stopping. And am smiling now… I had completely forgotten about this.
Reblogging because “I beat the game” is fantastic, but “I wrote the damn thing” is even better.
I’m not a gamer but I’ll always reblog these.
Vicious. I love it.